Wednesday 6 December 2017

Countdown to Christmas - Day 6: Stila Stay All Day Lipstick (Perla)

Still Stay All Day Liquid lipstick - Perla
(M&S Beauty Advent Calendar 2017)
Hi Sparkles!

Party day has arrived, and with it I've been able to rummage to the back of the Advent Calendar once more and retrieve a tissue wrapped Stila Stay All Day lipstick from under the tree picture. What a treat!

This mini size of 1.5ml is a soft rosy nude (per the Stila site), which I think will suit most paler skin tones - particularly if you chose to top it off with a sheer lipstick or gloss in a slightly darker colour. I think this would also look great on a super dark skin tone, but it's very cool toned on some swatches I've seen online, so medium or warmer skin tones might struggle.

My concern is that, even with my Irish skin, it's a lot lighter than I would normally wear, and with the chances that a long lasting lipstick will dry my lips out I would be concerned with lines and possibly looking a little bit older, not to mention the risk of highlighting any yellow on the gnashers. I definitely will pop a less pink gloss on the top of this to counteract the teeth effect.

The inclusion of avocado oil and vitamin E should mean that the drying effect is somewhat offset - but I'm always slightly dubious of a claim for both long lasting performance and moisture. Almost self-contradictory!

Full size is £16 for 3ml so actually the tester size is quite generous. Makes me question the amount of superfluous packaging on the full sizes...

How have you found this little one?

Christmas kisses and wishes

xx Josephine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...