Thursday 26 January 2017

Fragrant Friday - Freak by Illmasqua (Week 4 2017)

Evening Sparkles! 


Picking up from the heady theme of last Friday, this week I'm going to surround myself in a floral extravaganza!!! Old time favourite which has been a little hidden in my perfume case of late, I'm revisiting Illamasqua's Freak. It's a dark scent which is still light enough to wear as a daytime scent, albeit it is a fairly dramatic option. 

My lovely friend E had bought me a Davana scented cream from Molton Brown some years ago, which I absolutely adored - although when I bought the matching perfume actually the lasting power was disappointing for the price. 

Black Davana is a top note on Freak, along with opium and belladonna - mixed in with hemlock, Queen of the Night, Oud, Frankincense and Myrrh. How deliciously Biblical - perhaps I should have kept this one for a Christmas special! 

I have to also confess to loving the off-kilter angle of the bottle and the little snail crawling up the side. 


Fragrantia rates this one as a 4.00 out of 5 here

This is available on the Illamasqua website for £65 for 75ml EdP. If you try it out and aren't sure it's dramatic enough, I would also heartily recommend the Scarab perfume (a little more expensive at £95 for 75ml but delicious all the same - I haven't yet plumped for it myself but always sample a little at the counter!)

Til next time - love, hugs and little silver snail kisses 

xx Josephine xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...