Wednesday 4 January 2017

Bookish Beauty - Harry Potter & The Philosopher's Stone (Theme: Youth) - Vita Liberata Fabulous Tinted Self Tanning Mousse (Medium)

Greetings Sparkles,
Vita Liberata Fabulous Self Tanning Mousse - Medium

Back in 1997 the first of J.K. Rowling's amazing Harry Potter series was published (although I didn't actually start reading the books until 1999 with the release of the third book - still a personal favourite - go Sirius Black!)

The Philospher's Stone was an object of alchemy - possessing the power to turn any metal into gold but also to produce the Elixir of Life which would grant the bearer immortality.

This got me thinking of my favourite skin care which lets you achieve a smooth, glowing, youthful complexion. As a firmly pale and interesting girl I have to say one thing which I turn to to feel healthier looking is definitely fake tan...although arguably I should hit the bottle a bit more often!

A recent favourite is the Vita Liberata Self Tanning Mousse. I've gone for the Medium shade because I find that light shades of fake tan aren't worth bothering with but my Irish pallor wouldn't look good with the dark shade.

This does dry down quite quickly but has a decent tint so you can see where you're applying it really clearly. Make sure you just use one or two pumps and blend well, adding more as you go so it doesn't dry streaky before you've managed to blend it in.

Easy pump application - little and often though, this stuff dries quickly!! 

I used this for my sister's wedding last year given that I wasn't organised enough to nab a fake tan appointment with our favourite beauticians. Exfoliation in the shower, one layer in the evening and I followed up with a second layer the next morning after my shower. I was really happy with the colour achieved and it didn't streak anywhere - which *never* happens for me! This one didn't smell too badly either.

Colour after two applications (I'm to the right of the bride as you look at the picture)
Makeupalley gives it a 3 out of 5 - with the main issue seeming to be that it's not as dark as the St Tropez. There is only one review though.

It's available online for around £19 for 150ml, I bought mine in Gordon's Chemists for about £15 - so keep your eyes out locally for a bit of a bargain!

Til next time kitty kats - love, hugs and summery, tanned hugs

xx Josephine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...