Thursday 30 April 2015

What's in my make-up bag today?

Morning Sparkles!

I've been chilling out in Ireland this week with the family and operating on a reduced make-up selection given some rather last minute packing at Casa Josephine.

The look to the right has featured almost daily (mostly minus the double vision effect, other than on a slightly longer than anticipated evening in Dublin last week, I'm sure).

So, here's what I've been surviving on (not really a very small kit and caboodle but all fits very neatly in my little Illamasqua cosmetic bag - quite impressive effort from me there)...


Base:

L'Oreal Infallible Matte primer and foundation (Shade 12 : Natural Rose),
Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzer (Shade 51 for light to medium skin),
Bourjois Healthy Balance powder (Shade 53 Beige Clair) though in truth I haven't dipped into this since using the L'Oreal Matte products,
MAC Select Moisturecover concealer (NW15).


I've been applying these little gems with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and their retractable bronzing brush.



Eyes:

Mally Ageless Creaseless cream shadow (Burnished Violet);
Rimmel Scandaleyes crayon (Witness White);
MAC shadow quad (Clockwise from top left: Vex, Shale, Sumptuous Olive and Satin Taupe);
Unknown brand dark brown liner, Laura Mercier Black Gold eye pencil and Eyetex Kajal (Indian brand I think).



I've been applying these with the built in smudger tool for liner, Zoeva 230 Luxe Pencil and Elizabeth Arden generic fluffy eyeshadow brush. And fingers - mostly fingers!



Brows!

Eyelure Super long lasting brow pencil in 10 (Dark Brown) and 30 (Blonde);
Illamasqua brow cake in Motto - standard!



I've been applying these with a slanted liner brush and gay abandon, with care not to create two slugs on the centre of my face!

Cheeks and lips

Stila Convertible Colour in Peony (suitable for both but I tend to only use on cheeks);
Bare Minerals Lip Quickies in (Top to bottom) Shell, Guava, Almond
Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm (stick format)



I've been favouring a fully lined eye at the moment - I always seem to be a season out of step and looking more like Wednesday Addams in spring and summer than I do in winter! So mostly I have been wearing the exact look above, but I did a lighter eye on Monday for an outing to our local:


This was using Vex over the Rimmel pencil, with some Satin Taupe to blend out a little bit of brown liner. I think whisked it up into the crease for a little extra definition.

Woo wee - I think I'm managing (somewhat) to make up for lost time here with the picture taking at the very least. Have I missed a trick? What other looks can you see from this bunch of treats that I should be trying?

Til next time kitty kats...love, hugs and inner-eye lined kisses

xx Josephine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...