Monday 9 February 2015

Manicure Monday - Speckle by Illamasqua

Happy Monday Sparkles

I'm not entirely sorry to say that while you read this on your commute to or from the office I will be relaxing in beautiful Norn Iron with the family. Today's plans include a little bit of napping, catching up with Sparkle Sisters 2 & 3 (I'm the eldest, so the numbering is purely chronological) and admiring my new freckled nails.

iPhone camera in some rare sunlight 
Yet another sale purchase from the wonderful Illamasqua, I was originally going to go for the lavender shade as pointed out on Instagram by Sparkle 3, but then realised I have a lot of lilac shades but don't really wear them. So when a certain work Friend (capitalisation intended) suggested Freckle looked cute I plumped for that instead. 

When the box arrived I will admit I was underwhelmed. I'm not sure I could honestly claim this looked attractive in the box. To me at least.



However as I built up the layers on this little beauty on Saturday night I fell firmly in love. It's a bit odd - it does kind of look like I've painted my nails as a speckled hen's egg but it's different, pretty and neutral. I sense a firm favourite coming - and am already thinking it would look ace with a black accent nail etc.
The only way it could be improved for me would be if it was slight less warm. However my skin tone is hardly "normal" and it's not a problem at all, just a personal preference. Playing devil's advocate I could say at least my hands don't look dead in this shade as they do in some of the greige tones I favour! 


Do you have any of the polishes from the IMperfection collection? What think you? I'm currently dashing off to draw freckles on my face to match my nail of the day...

Til next time kitty kats - love, hugs and speckled egg gesticulations of excitement 

xx Josephine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...