Monday 5 January 2015

Sparkling 2015: Bourjois Smoky Stories (Good Nude) EOTD

Happy Monday Sparkles!

Let's not dwell on the fact that this is the first Monday of the year (*le sigh*) and instead turn our minds to something much more pleasant to think of…

It seems to be somewhat of a theme within premium brand eyeshadow quads and quints to have a selection of complimentary shades with a final glitter shade, which can be used to convert the look from day to night. Dior, Tom Ford and Charlotte Tilbury all have formulations with this being the taken approach.

It's great news for those of us whose purse strings (or confidence levels) don't stretch to £40 for four or five eyeshadows that Bourjois have replicated this approach in their new Smoky Stories quad range.



These are widely available and come in eight difference colour ways (here) - I plumped for the Good Nude shade as the shop I was in had only a couple and I didn't think the more gold or pink options would have been as wearable for me.

The tones here are lovely taupe shades, which apply very smoothly - these swatches are without primer and straight onto the skin. When I wore the shadows I used a MAC paint pot (Painterly) as a base and I had over 8 hours of wear with minimal fading.

There is a lot of buzz online about cheaper, High Street brands being manufactured in the same location as premium beauty brands - and in particular Bourjois is said to be made in the same factories as Chanel. I've only ever had one Chanel quad and frankly I didn't really enjoy using it at all - I think Bourjois has superior pigmentation, but perhaps my Chanel was a dud…?

FOTD using the palette, natural light, no flash on my
iPhone front camera. 

The packaging (as noted by a few other blogs) doesn't feel as luxe as the shadows themselves, but given the pricing of this formulation I think that's a small price to pay- and the colour co-ordinated packaging is great for ease of access when in storage. I also have to say that the glitter shade here isn't quite as nice to work with as the more expensive brands - but that feels like being a little fussy.

No flash, indoor lighting of swatches, Canon 600D. 

Overall these are definitely a great buy - if I didn't feel that I already owned far too many eyeshadows I would definitely be picking this up in a few more colour ways. For people starting out with shadow and wanting a palette which gives you versatility at an affordable price I'd advise you to take a little mosey down to your local Bourjois stockist.

Til next time kitty kats - love, hugs and twinkling taupe kisses

xx Josephine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...