Friday 16 January 2015

Illamasqua Winter 2014 sale haul - bags, liners, lippie and more!

Morning readers!!

Today will be a pic heavy post of the new goodies I've grabbed from the Illamasqua winter sale. I buy from this brand all year but it's safe to say sale times encourage some moments of madness and practicality being thrown to the wind!


Eyeshadows - Dizzy and Inception

I've seen dizzy used as a transition shade by the beautiful @jamiegenevieve and thought pink would be something new for me. I paired it with the violet shade of inception for some fun and a bit of a colour injection. 


Very pigmented, blendable and with a matte finish (unusual for me - a sparkle addict), here's a spotlit lid look I did using both of these:


Sheer lipgloss in Violate

I wouldn't in all honesty have ever gone for this full price but as a partner to my Line Crime Serpentina how could I resist…?





A glossy, green LOTD clearly coming soon!!

Precision Ink in Wisdom and Glister

Wisdom is described as antiqued gold, to me it's a really unusual shade for a liquid liner - a beautiful bronze with lots of gold sparkle. 

Glister is a pinkish nude with iridescent sparkles. I'm looking forward to use this to add a little something to a very nude eye look. 


As ever with the inks the colour is rich, pigmented and beautiful to apply. Well worth it full price but when on sale I'd say to buy any colours going!!



Nail duo - Viridian and Glitteratti

Very Christmas tones - deep green and sparkling berry. I think these will carry me through the early part of 2015 until I want daffodil hued nails to celebrate the coming of spring flowers!

Incredibly hard to capture the colours and finishes with camera as flash
kept losing some of the complexity. 
Applies well, shades are complex and wears relatively well (on my nails that means a solid two days with minimal or no chips). 

Other items…

I also picked up a little makeup bag for my hand bag which is very simple - see above - and a medium pencil (kohl, broadly) in Sophie. Rocking the rock chick pleather in my bag right now!



Did you buy anything in the sale? Are you going to use it as an opportunity to discover the brand? 

Til next time kitty kats - love, hugs and alterego kisses.

xx Josephine xx

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous make up! Looks lovely on you! x

    http://theperksofmeg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg!! Still practicing the spotlit lid look!! xx

      Delete
  2. I loved this post, great makeup look x
    Rosy
    Sparklesoflight76.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosy! I'll check out your blog - still getting to grips with non standard smokey eye looks, lol! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...