Wednesday 3 December 2014

Blogmas 2014: #3 Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy polish

With the festive season being one of the most demanding on my time with work deadlines, client events and (obviously) social events with friends and family, I don't have as much time to repair manis as for the rest of the year.

I picked up this polish and accompanying top coat to see if the long lasting promise would live up to the claims.

I bought "Showtime" a blue-purple shade, shot through with a lot of shimmer. This polish looks more purple in the bottle, blue in daylight and violet when photographed with flash. While I love those shades - they're not the friendliest to capture on screen!


You can see with the picture to the left, it's significantly more purple under the flash photography.

The polish and topcoat are around £6 each in either Boots or Superdrug. The polish combines both colour and base coat, so there's allegedly no need to use a separate base coat. With the top coat promising "diamond shine".

I applied two medium coats of colour and one of the top coat. Usually I will get some chips within the first day of wear, but these photos were taken at the end of day 2 and while there were some small chips it's worn much better than the Nails Inc gel or nail kale formulas.

I liked but didn't love the normal Revlon polish formulation, but given the range of shades available in this new release I'll definitely be picking up a few more.

Have you tried the Gel Envy range? What were your thoughts?

Til next time kitty kats…love, hugs and violent kisses

xx Josephine xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...