Saturday 13 December 2014

Blogmas 2014: #13 Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Nude-ist

Happy Saturday Sparkles! 



What a relief to be into my second half of Blogmas now. It's a real challenge to come up with things to blog about on a daily basis. Not to mention I'm sure I'm going to be chopped off a load of Facebook news feeds (more on the male front) for my shameless spamming!

However, as is my wont, I thought Blogmas had perhaps been a little eye focused (my name is Josephine and I am a liner addict….*hello, Josephine* says internet), so let's bring back the lips.

Mattes were not really a welcome resurgence for me. I've got thin lips which pretty much totally disappear when I properly smile or laugh. believe me when I say the perils of rainbow coloured teeth are real in my life. That being said, brands have come a long way with their matte formulations - the newest of which appears to be the liquid velvet finish lipstick.



So, this stuff applies like a gloss but looks like a wet lipstick and then dries to a velvet matte finish. The shade I picked up is 07 Nude-ist. It's actually quite a pinkish nude tone and very wearable. These feel slightly drying but not ridiculously so. I wear Nuxe lip balm underneath on days where my lips feel very chapped.



Long lasting but not all day (I suspect this is partially because it's not a super drying formula). I like it and it's a fairly affordable way of trying out the currently very popular velvet formulations. Revolution cosmetics have some out also but I preferred the more wearable shades in the Bourjois range personally.

Happy Saturday and enjoy silky soft kisses, hugs and Christmas tunes til tomorrow kitty kats

xx Josephine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...