Friday 14 November 2014

Product review: OCC Lip Tar

OCC Lip Tar and Colour Pencil
Black Dahlia
Happy Friday beauty junkies!

In celebration of the upcoming weekend and (relatively) pleasant autumn vibes, I'm hoping to rock a vampy lip today - it is dress down so hopefully my day job coworkers won't be too shocked!

My view:

Lip tars are tricky. However, widely seen as being worth the effort given the really fun shade range available. This shade is my second and given the issues I had with my first one I highly recommend looking at swatches online before buying so you've got a realistic view of the shades before you might order online. My preferred application method is to use a similar lip liner shade as a base, then apply a bead of colour to the provided brush and apply from the centre out per the instructions.



Both products. Sorry for bad front
iPhone photo yellow tinge
The details:

Full coverage (with above method it's not patchy, as it can be alone).
Non-metallic (there's a separate metallic range now - excited to try one of those).
Demi matte - although claimed to be matte.
£11.50 for, not sure mls but this tube will last you for a very long time.

Additional thoughts:

Dark lips don't need to be completely divisive and there will be a plum out there for you to play with before you potentially splurge on a more expensive brand such as OCC. I ventured in first with a lip crayon from Topshop and I also really enjoy Charlotte Tilbury's gloss in Unleash Me.

For those beauty junkies who are also highly socially conscious I'd recommend looking at OCC - they've got really fun colours as well as more wearable shades and everything is completely vegan and cruelty free. A great example of the more cult beauty brands becoming available to us in the UK with the wonders of t'interweb!

What do you think of OCC if you've used them?

Til next time kitty kats - enjoy your end of week and let's look forward to all the beautiful reds and glitters of Christmas and New Year seasons!

Love, hugs and (dark) kisses

xx Josephine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...