Friday 28 November 2014

FOTD: Black glitter liner

Complete look - with and without
filter on Instagram
Morning guys and gals

Today's look is brought to you thanks to my looking forward to seeing the latest Hunger Games film since Katniss came from District 12 - coal mining (not to mention an obsession with all things glitter in the run up to the party season…or any time of year really). I like the larger glitter flakes and the way they give a bit of a more subtle glitter look.

I think even for those of you who don't like to wear a ton of make up this look should be easy to adapt to the level you are comfortable with. I've included a step by step below…any all the glitter products are very affordable (plus should be accessible on the High Street).


Steps 0 - 3
Step 1: I've gone from bare face to foundation. Here I've used Topshop's The Foundation in 1.0, but feel free to use whatever base you prefer.

This look is quite natural other than the liner.

Step 2: I've swept a neutral, shimmery shade all over the lid. Here, Urban Decay Sin - tends slightly pink though remains neutral. Good texture on their shadows.

Step 3: I filled in my brows, this will depend on your personal taste. Illamasqua eyebrow cake (Motto) and L'Oreal Superliner Brow Plumper in Dark Brown.

Step 4: I've applied eyeliner along the lash line to give a solid base line. I used L'Oreal Intenza gel liner, but feel free to apply whichever formula / shade you prefer.

Step 5: I first applied Collection Glam Crystals (Rock Chick) and then dabbed on Topshop glitter in Irodium. I liked the larger size of the glitter particles in this product.

TIP: to place the glitter I used an eyeliner brush with a little liner / cream shadow on the edge to pick up the glitter. 

Step 6: I used the Glam Crystals to extend the wing of the liner and fill in any gaps. I also applied some mascara and took the glitter liner one third along the lower lash line.

Step 7: Concealer under the eyes to finish!

Hope you enjoy re-creating for your parties…or on another rainy day.

Til next time kitty kats - love, hugs and glittery eyelashes

xx Josephine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...