Saturday 26 July 2014

Latest in Beauty: The Glamour Beauty Edit (Review)

Good morning kittens!

What have you got planned on this super sunny Saturday? Hopefully if you're chilling the park you're keeping up the SPF and hydration levels…I'm off to a BBQ and will be urgently seeking out a shady spot so as not to overheat the Irish skin ;)

Anyhoo, as promised a couple of weeks ago here's the review of the Glamour Beauty Box from LiB. The box cost £17 - it's still on sale and you can pick it up here - and comes with £86 worth of product which is a great deal. I predominantly bought it for the Illamasqua Glamore lippie and the Magnifibres lash extender.

So, what did I get….



Rimmel SunShimmer (medium, matte) - I thought this was really great, I tested it on a pretty humid London Saturday the other week and it went on smoothly, looked natural (but noticeably tan) and didn't budge all evening. I'd definitely re-buy this one.

Illamasqua Glamore - Naked
heavily swatches on left,
blended out on right.
A very '90s nude!!
Tan application mitt - This was good, not sure how much it is to buy on it's own, but was pretty much the same as the other mitts of a similar ilk I've tried from other ranges. These are great for applying tan though - saves the sacrifice of socks and gives a better finish than latex gloves.

Illamasqua Glamore lipstick (Naked) - the wonderful David Horne has designed some "new nudes" and the texture here is more satin than the usual formulation for Illamasqua lipsticks. Loved the texture, the colour isn't really my shade but I'm working on how I can use - I do tend towards the more pink shades naturally. Pot luck on the shade selection - bon chance!

Toni & Guy volume plumping whip  - I already use this one, so knew I would like it. If you try it, use sparingly and really work into roots before blow drying your hair upside down. Too much and my hair goes greasy.

Haiwaiian Tropic SPF 30 - looks cute and I'll be giving it a full trial today. Handy travel size to pop in your handbag on the weekend so you can reapply if you end up staying out longer than expected.

Bourjois cream blush 01
Swatched heavily on left,
blended out on right. 
Bourjois cream blush - I really like a cream blush, especially in summer and this shade was really pretty. I've not tried the Bourjois formula before - it's more matte than my preferred MaxFactor miracle touch, but I'll definitely use. Perhaps not a re-buy in this shade for me, but pretty nevertheless.

DHC Deep Cleansing Facial Oil - I'm not usually a cleansing oil formulas, but this one really impressed me. It lifted off every speck of mascara - and my L'Oreal preferred mascara can be tricky for even Bioderma or Liz Earle to remove completely. I also thought this one rinsed a little more nicely than the Clarins one I've previously used.

Magnifibres Lash Extender - I'm excited to try this, but haven't yet. I will do a separate review on this once I've properly used this!
Pot luck on shades here too
but I'm loving this one!

Crabtree & Evelyn nail polish - a really pretty, classic red with a nice shimmer in it. The formula is a little on the thin side, but I think this helps with lasting. The picture is with two thin coats applied - it goes on evenly and I'll definitely be checking out their other colours - I had no idea C&E had colour cosmetics before this box!!

All in all I'm happy with this box. I previously had a BeautyBox subscription but I cancelled it because as nice as it was to receive a little selection of goodies each month, I'm not sure for me it was ultimately worth it. What's your verdict on beauty boxes - and which one is your favourite?

Enjoy the weekend kitty kats,

xx Josephine xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...